Marlow Stern was born on the Upper West Side of Manhattan in 1984, but grew up in the small town of Bronxville, NY in Lower Westchester County. He studied at Colby College in Waterville, Maine, and went on to work in the editorial department of music publication Blender Magazine, before segueing into the world of film, serving time in the marketing department of film studio New Line Cinema, a subsidiary of Time Warner. He currently lives in Manhattan and attends Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism. He has been Live Music Editor of online indie rock publication Amplifier Magazine and the Editor of online film publication Manhattan Movie Magazine since 2007.
- Kaparot: chicken-swinging for the soul
- New York Film Festival Review: Lars von Trier’s “Antichrist”
- The Coens Get Personal
- Crown Heights, Brooklyn: Another World, Another Planet
- ‘Inglourious Basterds’ Hands Jews the Smoking Gun (Or Bloody Louisville Slugger)
- Chickening Out: The Jewish Ritual of Kapparos